IN SEVEN STEPS: Here’s How To Dry Mushrooms That Will Last All Year!
With a fan? No, it’s a joke! But we would definitely recommend that you dry the part of the mushroom so that you can reach for them during the winter.
How will you do this? Here are some tips:
- Do not soak them or wash them. Remove any contaminants only with a brush.
- Keep the sticks – they are also full of flavors. Remove only the lowest, hard part.
- Cut them fairly thin, at a thickness of about 2 mm (the logic is simple – the thinner it will shrink).
- Place them on one layer and place them in the oven at 40 ° C.
- If you have a fan in the oven, turn it on and leave the mushrooms for about 40 minutes.
- Make sure they dry out (they are ready when the ends turn). If not, turn them around and let them dry for another half an hour.
- Let them cool completely before moving them into jars.