Recipe For Banana Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
This recipe for Banana Chocolate Chip Granola Bars is quick and easy to make and perfect for breakfast or snack time! They are very healthy snacks and instead artificial sugar they are lightly sweetened with ripe bananas and honey.
Even if you aren’t a huge fan of banana granola bars you will love this recipe. You won’t notice an overwhelming banana flavor, but rather just a hint of banana. The banana is important because it adds natural sweetness to the bars. So you can make these Banana Chocolate Chip Granola Bars with just ¼ cup honey and no other sweeteners (besides the chocolate chips, of course). You will need to use really ripe bananas, like turning brown-spotted bananas, because those are the sweetest.
- 4 cups oats
- ¼ cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup honey
- ¾ cup mashed ripe banana (about 2 medium)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking pan with cooking spray, line with parchment, and spray the parchment.
- Stir the oats, white whole wheat flour, cinnamon, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Place the coconut oil in a microwave-safe liquid measuring cup or bowl. Heat in the microwave until it is melted. In the honey add the mashed banana, and vanilla. Whisk in the egg.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry and stir until they are well combined. Stir in the mini chocolate chips. Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared pan. Lay a piece of parchment on top (to prevent the mixture from sticking to your hands) and firmly press the mixture down into the pan; remove and discard the piece of parchment.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 32-35 minutes, until they become lightly golden. Leave them to cool completely and then refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting into bars.
- Store granola bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
These bars hold together well, so you don’t have to worry about them crumbling and falling apart.
Enjoy in your healthy and easy to make banana chocolate chip granola bars.