Enjoying the sea can often be spoiled by jellyfish. What you should know right away is that the burns of jellyfish are generally not dangerous, but that they are unpleasant – are they. You can treat these burns yourself, but in case the burned area is larger than the surface of the spread palm, it is safer to go to a doctor. The venom of these gelatinous sea creatures in contact with the skin causes pain similar burns with redness and swelling. First aid in this case is that you get out of the water and be completely calm and what is important do not rub the wound, because if you do, you’ll push the poison deeper into the skin.

In order to successfully the injury from the jellyfish yourself, the next step is to rinse the injured place with sea water, not fresh water, so that the remnants of the jellyfish poison can get better washed off. If there are also jellyfish taps on the wound, do not remove them with bare hands or a towel. Use a tweezer or other similar object.

After arrival from the beach on the bitten place, you can put ice cubes wrapped in a towel or cloth to reduce the swelling. Of aid can be and rinsing with saline, which will take away the pain. In proven alternative methods, St. John’s wort oil and honey include the healing of the glowing part of the skin.

Other options are to scrub the burn place with tomatoes cut in half. Beside tomato, you can also use lemon juice. In the pharmacy you can look for a cream that contains analgesic and antihistamine. However, if the symptoms do not stop or decrease after a few hours, a doctor’s help is needed.

Otherwise, the size of the jelly does not indicate its toxicity. Namely, the burn of the tiniest jellyfish can be the cause of complications.

Source: http://www.novosti.rs/vesti/lifestyle.304.html:679039-Ako-vas-opece-meduza-ne-trljajte-ranu