Leek Is A Medicine: Here’s Why You Should Eat Each Day
Abundant nutrients and medicinal substances contain a lot of minerals and vitamin C, but that’s not all! Find out why this winter vegetables are so healthy!
Leek has a great affect on your vision, just like your bones will find a great ally.
Leek is not sensitive to low temperatures and is growing by easiest way. It can stay from the beginning of autumn until late spring. Its use is highly valuable, especially in winter when the vegetables depleted. Mildest flavor, without a strong odor, causes tears in everyone’s eyes, but it belongs to the type of the healthiest vegetable.
According to a nutritional composition is similar to his relatives, but contains more protein, beta-carotene and vitamin C. The crude leek is an excellent source of manganese, a good source of iron, folic acid, vitamins C and B6. Given that, its cooking reduces the number of vitamins and minerals. Braised leeks become a good source of manganese and a central source of iron, folic acid, and vitamin B6.
Unlike red or white onions, leeks used whole and not only as a spice but as a self-vegetables. It abounds in nourishing and healing matters. It contains plenty of minerals and vitamin C and essential oils with sulfur. This oil has a beneficial effect on the respiratory and digestive organs, kidneys, liver, blood, and veins. Also from these oils stimulates and the smell of leeks, which is quite specific and repulsive to many people. Usually, people use the entire leek and white stems and green leaves.
The leaves, which are often avoided to use mind several times more vitamins than the white part.
– With increased thyroid gland are recommended hot compresses cooked leeks.
– Leeks help with a cough, soothe a cough and a beneficial effect on hoarseness, pneumonia, and asthma.
– Reduces the increased amount of uric acid, cholesterol, and fats in the blood.
– Leeks improve blood circulation and help with arteriosclerosis and phlebitis.
– It improves the appetite and promotes the work of the digestive system and intestines.
– Leeks encourage better kidney function and excretion of urine and helps with pain in the kidneys and kidney stones.