How To Treat An Ingrown Toenail At Home
The ingrown toenail is a chronic disease in which, for various reasons, there is an ingrowth of one or both of the side edges of the plate in toenails’ skin and soft tissue of the side of the fingers.
There are different methods of conservative and surgical treatment of this disease, but in the early stages, before emerging complications, treatment of ingrown toenails can be performed at home.
In order for the treatment to be successful, it is logical that we should ensure proper growth of the nail, which will not irritate the surrounding soft tissue of a finger.
To this should do the following procedure:
- Create a warm foot bath for your skin and nails. You can make it with baking soda as well – 2-3 tablespoons baking soda to 5 liters of water with the addition of salt, or a bath of permanganate (potassium permanganate).
- The water temperature should be no more than 37 degrees. Keep your feet for 15-20 minutes.
- Afterward, try to take the edge out of ingrown toenail. To facilitate this painful procedure, take a piece of plaster and glue on one side to the side of the finger next to the ingrown toenail, drag it to the side and fixed it up on the inner surface of the nail. Thus cornered painful nail is about to become more accessible.
- Therefore, lift up the end edge of the nail with the help of a small rod and try pressing lightly piece or swabs between the nail and the soft tissue. It is best to a piece of cotton previously dip into iodine, antibacterial ointment or salve-miracle.
- Put on top some gauze. Treated by the same means, and wrap the finger bandage.
- After 24 hours, repeat the procedure. You should also change the wadding, gauze, and bandage.
- Repeat this procedure on 12-14 days.
Gradually, the nail will be raised above the soft tissue and slowly come out of it.
If the first day you fail to put a piece of cotton under the nail, put the finger on the side of the ingrown fingernail, and generously lubricate with an antiseptic softening agent – aloe leaf or a mixture of honey and port (1 tablespoon of honey mixed with grated medium onion). In the evening put your finger and wrap, and in the morning wash and try to pick up a nail.
It is important to soften the soft tissue and change watt daily (between tissue and nail). The nail will grow only in height. After attaining the effect, the file the sharp corners (angles) of the nail released.
In the future, do not forget to do the proper pedicure.
Do not let your nail on self-healing ingrown at home. In addition, especially steaming foot if there are signs of purulent inflammation of soft tissue. In such a case, please make an appointment with your doctor.